Monday, March 22, 2010

Dedication or what?

Evening all...

After changing my runners on Saturday morning (I bought a pair 3 weeks ago, but decided they were half a size too small after wearing them 3 times in the gym), splashing out on some new running tops (bargain price of 5.90€ each) I was much dismayed to realised when I was almost to work that I had forgotten to pick up my running shorts out of the dryer... so, I decided to go into town at lunchtime and buy some others - just so I could go to the gym tonight ;o)  I ended up with a very nice pair of Nike full length tights, which don't look horrendous on, though I wont be wearing them ouside the gym for a while lol!

I also popped into another sport store (you know the type - all brands, very little practical stuff) and looked at their miserly selection of running shoes.  I was soon accosted by a sales person, who after hearing I wanted a *second* pair of runners for outside work, proceeded to shoz my a monstrous pair of gold and white shoes... all for the princely sum of 300CHF (£180 / 200€)  I just about ran out as fast as I could!  Paying 115€ for my current runners was heart stopping, so there is no way I'm going to pay more than that for shoes for the outdoors - since come the summer I'll be running more on tracks than roads.

I really must get my eating sorted out.  I had to buy a sandwich and fresh juice in town, which I ate at 1pm, but by 6pm I was flagging and had the beginnings of a headache.  I still went to the gym, and had a great time.  My weights seemed much easier than last time - i.e. I managed to hit the bottom of my target reps for just about every exercise, except the medium grip upright row.  However this is the last exercise in my program, and my grip has just about vanished my this point.  Plus, I've had to move up 3kg, rather than 1 or 2 and I'm really feeling the difference.  My arms were doing that weird twitchy thing my the end of the session, and they are extremely achy right now, just sitting typing.

I was frustrated by my run though.  I was really looking forward to it, but in the end I just had no gas left in the tank.  I managed 4 or the 9 intervals I had planned to do, but my legs were just so heavy and I just had no energy.

You live an learn, so next week, I'll start my running week on a Tuesday if I run outside on a Sunday.  I'll also have a banana or similar at 5pm if I'm going to the gym at 6pm.

Early to be tonight, so I will hopefully have a good nights sleep after the past 3 nights of interrupted sleep.

Weight this morning 194.4 -0.9lbs since yesterday

Exercise: 13mins stationary cycle, level 5, rpm: 70-80
Lateral pulldown (narrow grip) 10 - 10 - 10 @ 45kg
DB bench press 11 - 11 - 11 @ 6kg each hand
Long row (wide grip) 10 - 10 - 10 @ 30kg
BB upright row (medium grip) 7 - 5 - 6 @ 18kg - grip gave out more than anything
Twister 10 - 10 - 10 - 10 @ 30kg (2 to the right, and 2 to the left)
Ab crunches 6 x 10, including obliques and reverse crunches
Treadmill: 5 min walk, followed by 3 min run (6kmph) 1 min walk (5kmph) x 4, 5 min cooldown

No comments:

Post a Comment